The St. Louis Regional Chamber Diverse Business Accelerator is designed to address the interests and challenges of diverse business owners as they work to scale their businesses. Participants in our capacity building program are diversely owned small businesses. This is a multi-phase program that creates a welcoming and stimulating environment for participants to receive and share valuable feedback, self-reflect, acquire effective business development strategies, and build relationships essential to their business’ growth.
The St. Louis Regional Chamber Diverse Business Accelerator program sets up a framework to enhance a business’s capacity to grow and succeed. The program features a strategic curriculum and the sharing of wisdom and best practices. We focus on three main categories:
- Communications & Marketing: participants learn to effectively communicate their business’ value proposition,
refine core messaging, creating collateral that works
- Relationship Building: participants will be matched with C-suite level mentors to foster the formation of a supportive professional advisory network essential to the success of the business’ growth; and
- Growth Ready/Scaling: participants will receive a financial review and analysis, financial literacy training for small businesses, introduction to community reinvestment act process, and small business administration loan requirements.
Program participants meet weekly for three months. The program approach includes:
- Mastering the ability to effectively pitch
- Understanding the relationship between marketing, customer satisfaction, and client needs
- Understanding the importance of mentoring and creating an advisory network
- Maximizing operational excellence
- Diverse and women-owned small businesses in the St. Louis region; Black, Hispanic, Native American, Asian/Pacific Islander, and other people of color (but not exclusively)
- Industries: Professional Services, Construction, Construction Service, Logistics, Manufacturing
- 2 or more employees
- Committed to full participation in the program
Deadline to apply: March 26, 2019